Sunday 27 January 2019

Meet the Wag.. 

Michelle Roworth - Rosedale House Floral Designs

We are very pleased to announce the return of our monthly feature; Meet The Wag and our January edition features Michelle Roworth, a farmer’s daughter, wife and owner of Rosedale House Floral Designs in Horncastle, Lincolnshire.

Hello Michelle, thank you for agreeing to speak with us, tell us a little about your farming life and how you met your farmer?

I love the farming way of life and to be fair I do not know any different. I grew up on a mixed arable and livestock farm on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors. A family run business that my siblings and I were lucky enough to be part of. We were always helping out on the farm, moving sheep to new pastures, turning the cattle out in the spring and leading corn in the summer. So many happy memories! 

I met Henry, my “Farmer” first at a wedding in 2007, that summer we met again at a number of other social gatherings. Each time we met, we chatted, danced and laughed a lot. Eventually we exchanged numbers and started dating. 

My farming experience and tractor driving skills have stood me in good stead for a life married to Mr Roworth. In my spare time I can often be found sharing Henry’s love of tractors. I regularly drive for Henry, helping change wheels and make sure that the lads are fed during long working days. 


Henry and I both run our own businesses. Roworth Ltd. an agricultural contracting business, based in Lincolnshire, we provide a range of arable services throughout the East Midlands and Yorkshire. Henry is often away from home working in Norfolk, Shropshire, Lancashire and Scotland. In the mean time I have no time to be bored, I set up Rosedale House Floral Designs in 2016 when I decided to take a break from teaching. I have always said “If not a PE teacher then I will be a florist.

My artistic flare and passion for learning has enabled my florist business to grow. I have returned to teaching and I am enjoying being able to do both. 

I have been fortunate enough to work on some of the most fabulous weddings and corporate events across Lincolnshire. Our bespoke style enables us to create personal floral designs for our bridal parties, churches and venues. I love being a florist, working with clients to understand the style and image that they want to create - whatever the event. I like to be out and about and onsite creating oversized designs to scene set any venue. I am lucky to have a fabulous team with different strengths which enables us to achieve all that we have, with 46 weddings in our second year of business. 

When I am not working in the shop, teaching or helping Henry I like to play Netball, walk our handsome chocolate Labrador - Hesston and catch up with family and friends. 

My New Years resolution for 2019 is to go “home - home” more regularly and spend time with friends that make time for me.

Thank you Michelle, it has been great getting to know you a little better, we wish you all the very best with Rosedale House Floral Designs and Roworth Ltd. and look forward to seeing your businesses grow even further over the coming years.

Best Wishes 
Clare x
AgriWags Founder


If you have an upcoming floral requirement and would like to speak with Michelle or her team, you can email rosedalehousefloral@outlook.com or call; 01507 239068

No comments:

Post a Comment